Friday, April 18, 2008

Men's problems

I had initially wanted to blog about my dinner with Imran aka the next-big-thing malay blogger in town. Haha. He told me that he's been getting quite a few weird looks in school these days and was recently invited by the malay community to meet up to discuss on some malay issues. So not him! Haha, but I think I'll save that to my next entry, today I want to blog about a problem that majority of men will face at a certain point of time in life, only that sometimes it come a little earlier. Like in my case, its here just a little too early, come on I'm on 25 this year, I still have quite a few years ahead of me, and I hope I don't have to life with this problem throughout. And please I'm not talking about male menopause, erectile dysfunction or low sperm count ok, I assure you that if you get a hot babe in front of me, I can satisfy her and get her pregnant. The issue I'm talking about today is on hair loss. Somehow there is this close link between alot of males and high forehead, so much so that it makes us look like we're losing hair. For me, I'm the typical 'M' shape. As in the 2 corners of my forehead go higher than my front, so this makes the sides look pretty empty. Of course I've been doing my cover up all the time but every now and then it still get quite obvious. And that is irritating. Already made a pact with beng to go yun nan to solve our problems, hahaha. But I've also heard that these hair hospitals are not as effective as they advertise to be. Haiz, why must this happen to me, I'm only in my mid 20s now, don't this only happen to those old men who are enjoying the fruits of their life's toil. You know how difficult it can be to play cover up all the time, there is a limit on the hair styles that I can do. I tried having short hair, it was good because the empty patch didn't show, and I think I look alright in short hair, but the problem is I have to constantly maintain the length,. Once the hair start growing a little longer, the patch gets more obvious. For the rest of the time, I'm usually in mid length hair (ie its too long to be called short hair, but its too short to be called long hair). This length allows me to cover up the patches but I do not have very dense and thick hair. So the patches are still visible through the spaces between the hair, and I have to spend quite some time to adjust my fringe to cover it up nicely so that it looks filled and not fake. As my friend would put it, it should not be as fake as a fake gucci from petaling street. Yup, these are the everyday problems that I face. And that is why I usually have to spend up to 15 mins to do my hair before going out. So sometimes I'll just choose to don a cap and go out. Not that I love to wear one, but just to save me the time to cover up. Well my aunt just introduced me to this chinese herbal wine thingy that she said might help, so I'm not taking any chances, hopefully I'll see some results soon.

No comments: