Saturday, April 19, 2008

A little too friendly?

Okie I've just written a whole long passage and now its all gone. Damn it. My comp just blacked out, I mean blued out. Suddenly the scary blue screen came out. I was soooo worried that my lappie was dead again. Luckily its still working. Heng ah!

Anyway let me try to remember what I was saying, I'll just give summary of everything, tired to repeat everything. Well I got an email today from my ex-boss from MHA - Pauline. Yup she was telling us that her NS boy was getting a little freaky these days. He's been coming over to her cubicle to tell her about his problems, everything from at home, to in office, outside. Basically all his problems. So Pauline does get pretty busy at times, so sometimes she'll just give him some words of encouragement or just some simple ideas, mainly targeted at trying to get him to go away. But it seems that he's taking them very seriously! To the extent that he'll sometimes message her late in the night with thank you messages and things like that. Hmmmm a little freaky right, and did I mention that Pauline is married with 2 adorable kids (or brats, hahaha Pauline's so gonna kill me if she read this. She's got 1 boy and 1 gal). I think there is a line between giving some counseling advice and getting freaked out by the people you counsel. This boy seems to fall into the latter category. And this has been going on for quite some time. Pauline was already talking about this since we met her during CNY, just that the problem seem to have gotten worse now.

I've of course advised Pauline to talk to him about it, just tell him that maybe there's a problem here. And of course I suggest that she does this subtly, definitely not the direct approach. Later the 想不开, who knows what he'll do. From the looks of it, he's a pretty emo person, so cannot be too direct with him. I suggested Pauline to ask his office buddy to talk to him or something, to find out if he needs any help. I'm not boasting about my batch here, but from the feedback I get from my ex-bosses (not only Pauline, I'm in contact with some of the rest as well), it seems that the quality of the boys coming to MHA have gone down a little. And there seem to be more weird people in MHA these days. For instance, calling this kid in question a weirdo is definitely not an overstatement. Well thats that, hope Pauline can settle this soon, but then again if she settles this, then we would not have anymore interesting stories to hear when we meet up next time, hahahaa.

No comments: