Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'm so lucky

Before I begin my topic proper, let me first clear a few stuff. Firstly, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank this little boy who was really kind enough to tell me that I dropped my money on the floor instead of taking it and run away. Thank you for being so kind to this poor man here. Keep up the good deeds dude. The thing was that I went shopping with Imran today at Bugis. I finally bought this cardigan, I had wanted to get one quite some time ago, so it sort of dragged till now. After Bugis, we walked over to City Hall to shop more (of course I didn't buy anything there, too ex for me, I'm on a budget remember). Yup, had a great day shopping, its just so unusual for me to be shopping now. I have never in my life went shopping in the middle of an exam period, but I must say it felt great. There were so many clothes I wanted to buy, but I had to restrain myself, not only because of the money but also because I really have too many clothes at home (think Shanghai and US). After shopping we went over to Haji Lane (which also means that we walked back to Bugis and even down a little further) to have dinner (well my car was also parked there anyway). I must say that Haji Lane is a pretty cool place, must go there more often, in fact we made a pact to go there next week to another restaurant that serves Moroccan food. This time round we had dinner at Blue Jazz, great food, good atmosphere and ambiance, loads of ex-pats, there's even a band at night. I had the Grilled Dory fish, Imran had the Grilled chicken. Food was fabulous, the portions were just right for me. After dinner we headed over to Pasir Ris, Imran wanted to meet his friend there as well, so I dropped him over there (I stay in Pasir Ris if you didn't realise). And as usual, after I came back I parked my car at my grandma's place and walked home. When I reached home, I realise that I had left my home keys in the car. I called my mum only to find out that she had just left the office, then I tried to call my bro but he didn't pick up the phone. So no choice, I had to wait. Well in the end I decided to walk over to the market to grab a drink while I wait (my mum would take at least an hour to reach home). While taking my cash out of my wallet, my coins fell out, together with my cards and all... I was so damned. I had already picked up everything, but I think my notes few out of my hand while I was standing up. So there was this kind little boy who told me that my money was on the floor. Soooo sweet. BUT he called me an uncle! Basket, there goes my happy ending to this episode. Well Thank you boy, though I don't think you'll ever see this entry.

Now to my case proper: I'd like to just bitch about a call I got this morning. Basically I've been getting calls from this jewellery company called Bi Er Si Chu Bao Gong Si (read it in chinese, duh!). They first called me like 2 months back to first tell me that I had bought something with them (or was it that I sign up for some coupon thingy), so I was selected to take part in some lucky draw in Malacca. And they wanted to invite me to the lucky draw. Of course deep inside I know that I never bought anything of any sort, its so obvious its a scam, but I just played along and told them that I couldn't make it because I was too busy. And they replied that its ok, they will send in the lucky draw on my behalf and will let me know of the outcome. About a week later, they called again to say that I am super lucky that my lucky draw had actually won some top 5 prize in the draw (oh wow, lucky me!). And the prize was I don't know how much worth of gold, if I remembered correctly its quite a few thousand dollars. So they asked if I can make it down to their office somewhere in Malaysia or Hong Kong to collect the prize, and of course I said cannot. So they gave me another option. To open an account in HK, then tell them the account number so that they can transfer the cash worth of the gold into that account. They made it so real, even have their own website and created for me an online account and password. And I continued to play along to say that I'll do that in a few days time, now busy. One or two weeks later they called again to ask me if I've done the account, and I said no, I am busy now. And again they asked me to hurry up because everyone else has collected their gifts already. And then every few days they call me to ask if I've done the account. I thought they should have gotten the idea that I was not prepared to be fooled by them already, and they should just give up, but nooooo, they just kept calling. So this morning, when I had just awoken I got a call from them again to ask if I've done the account. Having just woke up (and I am telling you, I hate talking too much when I just wake up, I need some stoning time to warm up), and being in the middle of my exam period, this call is the last thing I need. So I just told them nicely that I haven't done my account, and they asked me if I'm really interested. So I tell them why not you give the prize away to another person or to the charity. It was really pissing me off already. Then he said,

"So now you want to give away the prize? Are you sure?"

I said, "Yes, give it to someone else"

Him, "So all this while you are just playing with us"

Me, "Huh?!? Can you say that again I can't hear properly"
(I really couldn't hear properly, he was speaking too fast, I only managed to figure what he was saying after the entire conversation)

Him, "You @#%#^#&$%&$&"
(I don't know what he was saying, but I reckon he was scolding me)
and finally, *click* he just hung up on me. What a bitch!!! One of the Ultimate things that I hate is getting hung up on the phone. If its because you hp got no more battery, or you accidentally press the wrong button on your phone, I can understand. But not hang up in the middle of a conversation. Ultimate rudeness that I cannot stand. If not for the fact that I do not have his number (his number doesn't show on my hp) I would have called back and give him a piece of my mind. That phone call left me fuming. Luckily I had already arranged to meet up with Imran for shopping, or my whole day would have been spoilt by that bastard. So all you people out there, do becareful if you gets calls from these fuckers. Btw did I mention that I got another call not too long ago, supposedly from Ceasers hotel in Macau (I've did a check, this hotel doesn't even exist in Macau). Apperantly I also signed up some thingy which I never can remember, and this time I was invited to attend the lucky draw ceremony in Macau, its like wow, my life is changing. I'm getting luckier by the day, because this time I won a BMW in Macau. How lucky can I get. Well this time they said that because I was not a Macau citizen, so they would convert the value to cash and issue a check to me. And this would be sent out by their lawyers. So once I received the check, I was supposed to call the hotel and let them know that I have received the check. Of course I didn't receive anything, and so the last time they called me to ask why haven't I call the company (duh! because I didn't get anything, like they don't know). So I told them that I did not get any parcel or check, and they told me to call their lawyer to check with him. I of course didn't bother to call, one reason being, its a foreign number. This means I'll have to make an international call, another reason being, the number she gave me had the same first 5 number. Well I don't know about Macau, but in SG (I think its also the same in many countries) the first few number of an area is the same to represent the district, of course there are a few exceptions. But generally, the first few numbers of the telephone number of the same area should be the same. Having 5 numbers similar is indicative that there is a high chance that they are very near each other, or even the possibility that they may even be sitting next to one another. Alamak, they should at least try to make this more real lah. So I can't be bothered with them, they'll probably call again and this time I'll make sure whoever is on the line gets it from me, assholes. Think I better call Starhub to inform them of all these scams around, maybe even write to the papers. More people should know about this to prevent anyone from falling into their traps. Yup, I'll call Starhub tomorrow, thats exactly what I'll do, also to ask them for an explanation as to why my number is being given out so easily to everyone. Not only these scams, I've been getting calls from insurances companies, banks, loans, credit cards, all sorts of rubbish. And they like to call at the most inappropriate timings, like when I'm in the toilet doing my business or when I'm in a lecture. Utmost Irritating!!! Argh!

Okie letting that out makes me feel so much better. Enough of bitching today. I'll save some for next time!

No comments: