Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Greater portfolio

My company (or really my boss) has just drop the bomb. He wants me to handle more workload now. This is because he feels that if I only concentrate on doing products, without going out, I would only be able to create products as they are, and not products that will sell. So he feels that I should go on the ground to understand what the customers wants, and this will in turn help in proposing my products. And so he has decided to take out some customers to let me handle, and knock myself against the wall, and get scolded by the customers, and get fucked left, right, up , down by the whole world. Because this is the easiest and most efficient way for me to learn the business. What a wonderful boss I have, haiz. I must admit that going on the ground will definately do me good. It is true that ultimately the products that I do must sell, if it doesn't sell, then it is a failure; which is something that I cannot allow to happen. But there is a major problem, after all the talk of adding a sales profile to my current job scope, there seem to be little (or no) indication of a change of my pay package. Damn it. So does this mean that I will take on this new role, with more things to do, but with the same miserable pay, wtf. Sometimes they must be a little more automatic ma. With greater powers, come greater responsibilities, and also greater pay. He should at least suggest an adjustment to my remunition ma. At least it'll be a form of motivation for me. Haiz. They keep telling me not to look at the money, and focus on the learning opportunities, but I still have to bring the dough home right. I'm just being practical here. So now I'll just do my job and see how far this takes me. Hopefully some form of adjustment will come my way... *keeping fingers crossed

No comments: