Saturday, April 11, 2009

First date +Tampines 1

Yup, yesterday marked my first date of this year. And no, it wasn't at Tampines 1, it was in town. I'll get to Tampines 1 later in this post. Haha. Well it wasn't exactly a date date thingy. I was talking to Doreen on MSN, and we were saying that we have not met up for the longest time, so we decided to meet up in town for a night out. Of course she kept saying that I was going to be late and put aeroplane, but that didn't happen, I was on time (hahaha, well not exactly, let just put it that I was earlier than her). So we went on our date in town. Had dinner at spegetties, all the pasta crap + a choc milkshake. The food was ok, it wasn't really spectacular, but not bad. I do find it a tad oily though (well at least for my plate. The milk shake was good though. Then we walked down orchard towards PS for a movie. Haha, we had absolutely no idea what to watch, so we just picked the one with the best timing. Which happens to be Shinjuku Incident.

The show was actually quite good. But I didn't undestand why everyone was laughing when Jackie Chan killed the 2 guys. Shouldn't it be a horrifying part of the show. But everyone seem to be enjoying the killing part. I guess we may be getting closer to releasing the inner killers in all of us, lol. The date ended off with LKP at Fei Xiong with cy and gang (Just in case ya wondering, LKP=La KoPi). Yes, I know I'm not a romantic person to be able to think of an extrodinary date, but I guess doing the usual stuff is also not too bad. Well if there's another date coming along, I guess I really should plan a little more.

Coming to the topic of dates, I'm actually pretty surprised to find out that one of my friend is now actively searching (well other than ym). I'm not saying that we should not actively search for true love, but my friend doesn't come across as the type of person who would do something like that. I heard that he's been on FB adding many people, so that some will actually answer to his call for MSN chat and if possible arrange for a date out. Well and one of the targets happens to be my JC classmate cum good friend, haha. What a small world. Well she's cool about it. Hopefully something good will come out of it. All the best.


Yesterday I went over to Tampines 1 with my mum to check out the place. This is the latest edition to the shopping malls at Tampines. Its also now the largest mall in the east (as in east of Singapore). Another big attraction was of course Uni Qlo.

Uni Qlo has opened its first shop in Singapore at Tampines 1. They'll be opening another 7 more shops over the island, with a few in town I think. So we thought that since we had nothing better to do in the afternoon, we'd go check out the mall. Bad move. Saying that the mall is crowed is an understatement. IT WAS PACKED! It looked like some new year party in town, there were people everywhere, and there was literally no place to walk. Uni Qlo was so packed that people had to queue up just to get in, and the queue was just beyond imagination. It looked like people queuing up for the Hello Kitty soft toy. Well we didn't get much there, initially my mum wanted to check out if there was anything she could buy for Aunt Susan's brother's new born. She did spot a few good stuffs around for pretty resonable prices, but they are all under KIV at the moment. Basicall she's sharing the gift with a few of her sisters, so she still has to ask their opinion too. For me, I got myself a English-Japanese Dictionary from Times Bookstore. Its for my Jap classes, there are really quite a few terms that I do not understand. And for a opening promotion, I got the dictionary at a 15% discount, cool rite! Wahaha..... Right now the entire mall is still discount galore, so if you wanna get something maybe you can head down this month and squeeze through the crowds. I must commend the mall. It has quite a few new shops that are not found in Singapore, and there are quite a few Japanese shops around. There was a shop selling Japanese Sake and some food stuff, and also a Japanese Mnimart, where you can buy normal Kelloggs corn flakes (but with Japanese characters on the cover) for approximately triple the price of the same corn flakes with English on the cover, hahaha. It should be quite a while before the fad dies down, so I'm still expecting the mall to be crowed, with most people attracted by Uni Qlo (well at least until the next shop open, which I think is at the new Orchard Central at the end of the year). So I'm giving the mall 4 thumbs up for now, that should classify it as happening now. Great addition to the east, making us so much more attractive and happening, hahaha. Eat that westies. Lolz.

No comments: