Monday, April 6, 2009

Bring the heat on

Actually I would rather you turn the heat off. The days are really getting hot these passt few weeks. Just sitting down in front of my TV makes me sweat, and I hate it. Damn it. I mean I do like to get sweaty and panting, but that is during my exercise, not when I'm sitting down to enjoy my show. Its just irritating to break into sweat when ya not doing anything. Even as I'm typing this I'm like wiping my sweat away every now and then.

Well I saw online looking at some financial news lately (yes, I know its hard to believe but I do read financial news now... still learning about investments), and there were some news that did shock me; in fact, the news makes me feel like spitting on some of these financial people. It has been reported that in these times of crisis, Big banks and financial institutions are still giving out huge bonuses to its employees and CEOs. This despite the fact that most of them are now relaying on government money to stay afloat. This means that the people out there, many of them who may be out of job now now, who are paying taxes, are also paying for their bonus. And not forgetting that the whole financial world is in this mess because of them. I'm ok if the payouts are from the bank's own pocket, but giving out government money as bonus? Giving out performance bonus, when the bank they are handling are losing billions of dollars? How can they be graded a good performance if they are losing this incredulous amount of money?!? So why the hell still give out performance bonus? And another big problem is that some of the people in the industry don't even feel the shame. During a protest last week in London, some bankers could be spotted waving pound notes at the protestants. What the fuck man? Don't they have any sense of guilt? We are now in this shit, largely because of them, the last thing they should do is try to show that they are still getting the $$, while other people are now scrimping off breadcrumps.

Humpf, ok its good to let that out a little, I just feel that they are a little too much, and that many of them should reflect on they behaviour. I just finish another 2 episoes of Desperate Housewives Season 5 (17 & 18). Don't know why the airing rate seem to be pretty slow. I thought it was supposed to air an episode every week, but I think these 2 episodes came only about a month after episode 16. Well the ending it certainly near, the plot is getting exciting (though I think I can guess how its going to end). But I must say I really enjoyed this series. And yes I'm still sweating, fuck man. Ok I think I'm going to get a bathe before bed, I can't stand it anymore.

No comments: