Friday, September 5, 2008

The start of my career

It has been decided... As of this morning, I have officially sold my soul to Morgan Stanley. Erm, actually it should be to Adecco to be exact. Because in actual fact I'm not contracted to Adecco, seconded to Morgan Stanley. So by right, Morgan Stanley is not my employer. Well I just hope that I made the right choice, anyway there's no turning back now, so I guess I'll just have to make the best of it.

I've also thought it out, my contract will hold till the 7th of December, so I've made plans for the worst scenario to happen.
(A) If after 3 months, Morgan Stanley decides that they don't want me, I'll just use the money that I've earned in the 3 months to go on a holiday. Then come back and start looking for another job.

(B) If after 3 months, Morgan Stanley still only want me as a contract staff, I'll continue to keep the job. But I'll give myself a deadline of next year's Chinese New Year. If by that time I still do not get an offer to become perm, then I'll start looking for another job.

This should work out fine right? I mean I do not want to remain on contract for 1 entire year. When on contract I do not get any of the benefits that Morgan's staff gets, I do not have any leave, I am not entitled to any pay rise, and I am not entitled to any bonus at all. Already I have forgo about $4k to accept this job, naturally I do hope to see some form of returns in the future, if this job works out, then all is well... But if it doesn't, then I'll have to seek greener pastures elsewhere, even though this is one of the biggest company in the financial world. I'm keeping my fingers crossed now, as I climb the coperate ladder, just hoping that everything will turn out fine for me. Amen.

No comments: