Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Finally the time has come

The earlier posts have all been related to my job search and the decision as to which company I would want to join. Well the time has come for me to make my decision, and I really do not know. Earlier, there have been speculation that Morgan Stanley is prepared to offer me a perm position in the company, but today I received a call from them saying that they are now prepared to continue to offer me the temp job only instead. But the catch is that, although on paper it is only a 3 month stint, but there is a high possiblility that it will stretch to more than 3 months, and eventually hit a perm position. But then again, this part is not in black and white. It is all hear say, so it is not confirmed yet, the only confirmed part is the 3 month thingy. The other company that wants me, as mentioned, wants me to go Shanghai for 6 months for training. This is a perm job. And the prospects are not too bad, although the terms that they are offering is not that fantastic (the large interest comes from the traveling, as in I get to travel quite often). Pay wise, it is quite similar, not much of a difference (because Morgan Stanley is only offering a temp position, they are not giving that much now, but the pay there will jump up if they decide to sign me on after the 3 months). Haiz, decisions, decisions, decisions.... Something that is not so easy to make. Why do I have to get into such predicament. Save me please....

No comments: