Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mooncake Festival 2008

Today is the Mooncake festival!!! Where we all gather around to eat mooncakes, drink tea, look at the moon and carry lanterns around our neighbourhood... So, it was a great excuse for us to arrange another family gathering to foster the close relationship that we have. This time round, we met at Xiao Yi's place at Sunset ave. The place is actually pretty nice, just find that its pretty inaccessible without a car... And the theme for this gathering is porridge. Yup, we had a porridge feast, hahaha. Here are some of the photos to last night.

Here you can see my uncle and my cousins playing Wii together... we had fun, I think it was boxing that they were playing. Haha, at a point of time when Spencer was losing to Natalie, he even went to try to punch Nat (I don't mean literally, as in with the Wii remote). That scene was so funnie.




After dinner and mooncakes, it was time to grab our lanterns and patrol the neighbourhood. Here are the over aged group preparing the stuff for the kids, haha.


Lanterns, mooncakes and tea... The things that are just essential to the festival. Xiao Gu even got a telescope to watch the moon and stars. Heard that it cost over 2k, but it was pretty cool. Could really see the moon clearly with it. We walked from Xiao Yi's place to the playground just outside, it has been like eons since I carried a lantern, haha. But I must say that I think I don't get along too well with my cousins (as in my mum's side). Maybe its because they're just too much younger than my age, or maybe its the way they were brought up. It just clashes with my thinking. I can't hold a conversation with them without being close to blowing my top almost all the time. They're just too protected, living in this castle with things all nice and beautiful. And this just irks me. Some have already reached secondary stage, but their thinking is still immature and their use of words are just wrong. And the best part is, they don't take advice. You try to reason with them, they can use all sorts of textbook answers to argue with you (a lot of which does not apply). Sometimes I just feel like giving them a tight slap to wake them up, and to tell them to face reality. So many a times, I get so frasturated with them, that I just don't want to talk to them. Which is also why I'm usually by myself during these gatherings. Well now there's Melvyn who's joining me in the over-aged cousins club. He seems to be out of sorts with school recently, well hope he'll catch on. Uni is just a first step, get the paper first then think later, hahaha.


Here are another few photos of my dear cousin, MJ. Remember earlier I bloged about my photo shoot. Yup, here's another 2 pics that we took at the studio... Isn't he just cute... and fat... hahaha... gotta lose some weight bro.

No comments: