Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In the action of it all

Working life has never been this exciting, and I think I would not be able to experience anything like this if I had joined another industry. The banking and finance insdustry has been in the spot light for the pass 2 days. So many things happened. Things like Lehman brother's collasp (now part of it is prob gonna be taken up by Barclays), Merril Lynch being taken over by BA, AIG's in deep shit. Almost all financial institution and market has been rocked for the last few days. These are issues that I have never bothered to read up on, these are news that I will just skip in the papers. But now, everyday I try to read what's happening in the financial world (it is so not me). But I must say that this has in some way triggered my interest in this sector, making me want to find out more about this world and this industry. I just went to the library to borrow some financial books to read up, hoping to gain greater idea of what I getting into, and also to understand more about the workings of this sector. It is actually pretty exciting, and not just ordinary paper work. I know that I'm only checking invoices now, but of course I hope to move on to greater things eventually. Hmmm... Hope that I'll be able to learn much from my colleagues and move on be take on other roles.

No comments: