Thursday, September 4, 2008

I have chosen

After 1 year of searching (erm actually if i only include the months that I am actively searching, it should be only 4-5 months), with more than 40 applications sent, 4 rejections, 2 interviews and 2 acceptance letters... I have made my choice for my future. Ultimately I have chosen to start off my career in Margan Stanley. Well it was a hard decision to make. Telling this to many of my friends, they would probably laugh it off saying that the decision is not difficult. Morgan Stanley is a company that a lot of people want to ge in, and here you have an opportunity and I am still asking whether I should give it up for the other job.... But you must know the things that I gave up for the Morgan job. Indeed, to give up Morgan for the other job is a very stupid thing, because Morgan is such a big company, and it will look good on my resume when I am looking for a job in the future. But still this is a temp job, with a high possibility (from hear say) that I will get to sign on a perm. For this I gave up a job that pays me higher than Morgan (I mean at this moment, in the future I don't know), gives me leave, allows me to travel often and give me a chance to get the year end bonus. Being a temp in Morgan does not give me any of this. If you were to calculate it out, to the end of the year, I am giving up a few thousand dollars for the Morgan job. But this is the gamble I am taking, I just hope I didn't place my bets wrongly this time. God bless me, and wish me luck in this job. Will be going down to sign the contract tomorrow.

No comments: