Monday, September 8, 2008

First day

Today marks the start of my career... Started my day in Morgan early this morning, its been a while since I woke up this early and lasted the entire day, woot.... All in all, everything was fine. The job isn't as easy as it seems, there are loads of things to learn and to pick up. But really the thing that makes the jbo difficult is the huge number of uncertainty in what you do. Alot of it is so ambigious. I gotta check figures and numbers, but most of the time the numbers don't match, then every client that request for payment have a different style of billing, so I'll have to learn each of their styles. Then there are loads of codes for each client, and different codes for each market... and thats what makes the job confusing. I must say that if the pay remains as it is, I probably would not stay for long. Mainly because its not really the kind of job that I want. Number 1, I really do not fancy a desk bound job. Being desk bound makes me feel very confined, but of course if the pay is good, I can still perform well in the desk bound job. So I'm now bidding my time, looking if there are any changes to my employment status. But moving around is really my style, being at a desk and looking at the computer the entire day is really quite tiring. But I will definitely stay to complete the 3 months. Whatever happens after that, we'll see...

After work I went over to City Hall to try to use my G2000 voucher (which has expired by 2 days). I totally forgot about the expiry date, I had thought that the voucher expires at the end of Sept. So I picked up a shirt and went to pay for it using the voucher, and the sales auntie told me that I cannot use it. I already explained to her that I'm not out to cheat her or something, the voucher was only 2 days old, come on baby... Certainly you can still accept it, but nooooo, she just wouldn't take it. damn, so I just gave up the shirt and left the store. It really makes me wonder, why in the world does a cash voucher has an expiry date. I mean the vouchers were bought using cash so that the user can use the vouchers to buy from the store. Which means that in actual fact, the vouchers were also cash. So how can money have an expiry date. It doesn't make sense. If the voucher was given out by the store for free, I can still understand, because it would have been given out of good will, and that it would only allow people to use it within a certain period of time, but for a voucher that was bought by cash?!? HUH??? WTF.... I'm thinking whether I should write in to the press to express my thoughts, but I don't know, see how lah. You know my english isn't very good, but through the press is the easiest way to get an answer. Once it gets published, I'll get a reply almost instantly. Hmmm.... thats one option... I'll think about it. Okok, gotta get my bathe now... Haiz, still have to wake up early tomorrow....

No comments: