Saturday, September 13, 2008

First weekend

Finally after a week of slogging at work, I've reached my first weekend! Yuppie!!! Although I'm sitting in office the entire, but it is pretty tiring facing excel sheets the entire day, so today I went out for a kopi session with my guys! Oh ya, before I begin, I'd like to send my condolences to Alvin and his family, his grandma just passed on, so I'd like to wish them all the best and to look forward. Went for the wake earlier, JC and some of the court guys were also there. Was listen to them, and now we have progressed to talk about buying of houses. Obviously Alvin is already Q-ing for flat. Probably intends to get married in about 3 years time. JC is also Q-ing for a flat already.... and me, still swinging around single and super available... haa

Yup, anyway after I went to the wake, I met the guys at Thomson prata for kopi and chit chat. But once I got there they decided to change place... so we went to this kopi tiam next to Nee Soon Camp. Had a nice chit chat session with them. Of course the session included a lot of talk about our work now. But half way through the talk, I was already feeling pretty tired. Think its because of my work. Was a little sleepy... Even now, I'm feeling pretty sleepy, but waiting for my hair to dry up. Well looking forward to enjoying my weekend. Tomorrow (or should I say today), I'll be going to my aunt's place for moon cake gathering. Yup, they're having this get together to feast on moon cakes and drink tea, and also not to forget the bitching session where you talk about everything under the sun. But I'm expecting a lot of questions on my work. I can just hear it already, "so how's work?", "Getting used to the job?", "Can pick up the pace?".... The usual first week of work questions. Not really my favourite conversation to engage. Of course, I know its all out of concern, a little of these questions are ok with me... I just hope it doesn't get too repeatitive, and on and on and on... And then someone (like xiao gu) to cover me with the cold blanket (as he's prone to doing). Hmmm...

No comments: