Friday, September 19, 2008

I like....

I'm really beginning to like my job a lot.... not as in my job scope (I still think I can handle some more serious stuff, but of course a little at a time, need time to digest). But I like working in the financial world. Especially in this period of the sub prime, it really makes the job so much more interesting. It like you can lose your job anytime (hahaha, as if thats a good thing). With all the uncertainty surrounding this industry, it is really difficult for anyone to guess what is going to happen next. Today, our company treated us to lunch + a ben & jerry's ice cream. Its supposed to reward us for our hard work, and to continue to strive to do the best no matter what happens. But I think its to calm the nerves lah... hahaha. I'm starting to think that maybe I can stay in this industry for some time... of course depending on whether the company still wants me after my contract is up... But what I mean is that I think I can continue to find a job in this industry. Initially I only gave myself 2 years in this industry and then I probably fuck off back to the boring engineering industry, but now I think I might be able to stay on a make a living in this environment. Its fun, and its exciting. I do still need to move on to other job scopes though... I really cannot be checking invoices all my life... hopefully they'll give me a choice to make a switch, maybe to the trade support section. Anyway I'm also thinking of taking a foreign language during this contract period... Thinking of Japanese or Korean... I don't know,m see how it goes.... Probably will decide by the end of the month....

No comments: