Sunday, March 30, 2008

St James

Just the night before I was at St James for the first time, it was a great night. We had pretty much fun. Other that the thing that the place took quite a while to warm up. St James is made up of a few clubs and pubs. So we only had to get the entrance to any one of the clubs and we would have access to all the clubs. We decided to sign a membership, which allows three of us to enter for free plus we get a free bottle. There were 7 of us, Me, Yuliang, Zhen Rong, Ah Bee, Howard and 2 of Yuliang's friends, Wei Lun and Jun Long (if I remembered their names correctly). Wei Lun is a bartender at Bala's so he smuggled in an extra bottle for us. The 2 of them were pretty cool guys so getting along was too difficult. Then, after being in the club for a while Wei Lun's girlfriend came.... And to my surprise, it was Berlinda!!! Sean's best friend. Yup I sort of know her, not very well though. It was quite a surprise, I mean the world is sooooo small. Well Gaberial joined us later at the club, he had water polo training. As I said, the place was pretty cool, we started off at Powerhouse. Music there was ok, but the crowd sucks. We were there at 11 and there was still no one inside. I think the place only started to get a little better after 1am. Even at that time the place was not packed. Well of course while we were there we went to check out the other clubs as well. Walked over to The Boiler Room, which was packed with people, a stark contrast to Powerhouse. It makes me wonder how come there is such a big difference. Well we still took our drinks at Powerhouse, Wei Lun didn't want to drink much because Berlinda was there, so he did his thang, by mixing the drinks for us. One thing to comment, Powerhouse gave us a jug of green tea plus another 2 jugs of plain water. I don't know if it was us who ordered the plain water, but if it wasn't, it was damn cheapskate lo. Plain water plus hard liquor is not the best combination. The last time I had that was in BS. Its sooooo Ah Pek. Anyway we still finished our drinks. By then Wei Lun and Berlinda had already left, they had work the next day, so didn't stay too late. We finished up the drinks and went to walk around the place. Oh yah did I mention anything about the dancing, its been a long time since I came to a club, so its been ages since I last danced and I think age is catching up on me. Was a little tired after the dance. Anyway after the drinks we went over to dragonfly. Dragonfly was interesting, it was like a 歌台. Every now and then there will be like people getting on stage to sing. It can be english, mandarin or canto pop. And the singers were very good, their voice were quite power. Quite a refreshing change from normal clubs. But I think it does get a little difficult for some to accept this concept, haha. Ended the night at around 4am, of course I drove. Didn't really drink much that night. There were like 8 of us with 2 bottles. So it wasn't really a lot. I was pretty sober, but of course in the eyes of the government I wasn't. Well luckily I didn't meet with any road blocks that night.


Resting and watching soccer beside this huge beer mug (if I'm not wrong its at Tiger Live)

Enterance of Dragonfly. Oh yah someone was fighting here just mins b4 we entered, he was later pulled out by the bouncers in front of us.

Singers at Dragonfly. Great performances!




No comments: