Sunday, March 16, 2008

Money Not Enough 2

Today I went for the filming of the next Jack Neo's movie, Money Not Enough 2. Well you'll probably have guessed that I'm not taking on any big roles... still more or less an extra, but I'm now a higher paid extra. I'm now into freelance extra-ing. Yup, so my pay is going to me fully and not cut by some agency. But I must say, today's money is really not easy to earn. We were acting as protesters, opposing to the government's increasing implementation of ERP gantries. So throughout the day, we had to shout and shout and shout all the way. Now my voice is a little hoarse, sianz. But I must say, even though it was tiring, it was pretty fun. Because it is virtually impossible to act this out on the streets so the crew borrowed the old Hua Yi Sec school hall and covered the hall with a green screen and floor. So what we had to do is act out everything as if the items were around. Anything that was green in colour will be superimposed with the background. Throughout the day, we had to keep shouting," No ERP, no ERP...." With our hands in the air, and faces of aggression. Then I was one of the men to uproot one of the gantry and carry it on a march (supposedly towards a river), after which we were supposed to throw the gantry into the river and cheer after that. It may sound simple and easy, but the whole take took the entire day. I reported for the shoot at 8.30am, and it only ended at 8.30pm. Thats a freaking 12 hours. Well, there weren't any 'stars' today, so it was solely 'extras day'. There was like close to 100 extras, and throughout the day we had to keep repeating the protest. It was so tiring. Anyway I took some photos... will attach them below... enjoy!

Fake ERP gantry



The Protesters


uprooting the gantry


Shooting an aerial shot of the protest

No comments: