Wednesday, March 12, 2008

FYP 1st draft done!!!!!

Yeah, I've finally finished with my FYP first draft... After weeks of toil and sleepless nights (yah right, pls me getting sleepless nights for FYP, maybe in my next life), but anyway I've finished with my FYP and the feeling's great. But more amendments are still required, some touch ups like adding another example to the report (I took out the example on Ritz Carlton Hotel), and I want to add info from this year's budget speech. And of course I'm expecting my great prof to return the report with and 1 million amendments, so that means I will still have a lot to do..... haiz...

Anyway I went for my interview with SIA today at the training centre. And the most funny part was the security guard didn't let me walk around the lobby. I wanted to walk to the toilet and he came over to stop me, he said that I should ask for permission because I was using a visitor pass and I shouldn't wander about. What crap. I know there are security issues at the place, but since you have already checked my purpose and scanned my pass, there should some form of respect for my presence there. We're adults here, not some primary or secondary school children on excursion ok. Tsk Tsk, asking for permission from a security guard to go to the toilet. Bleh! But overall the interview went pretty well. At least I think I did ok in there. I was pretty comfortable, although the interviewers were pretty tough in the room. They really asked very specific questions and try their best to make us flaw during the interview. I think I caught a glimpse of the interviewer's paper, and it seems that I scored quite a few 4s, didn't see and 5s though *sob sob. But the killer wasn't the interview, it was the section after the interview. After the interview there was an essay test and summary test. OMG!!! GP, one of my worst subjects. There were like 3 questions and we had to choose to write one of them. The length should be 400-450 words. Then there was summary, we had to summarize a pretty long passage about conservation of energy in 200-250 words. Oh my god, it was like that GP paper 2 all over again. So I think after that if I don't get the 2nd interview for SIA, it would probably be because of my essay and summary, haha. All the best!

Btw I attended Adrian & Vanessa's Wedding on sunday. It was great seeing another couple tying the knot but it is also a reminder to myself that I am still single, DAMN! And the food was pretty good at Marriott, there wasn't too much, I think the portion was just nice. At least after it all I wasn't super full. Didn't have much time to congratulate the couple that night, so here's wishing the 2 of you a great and blessed wedding, work hard towards a little Adrian and little Vanessa ok, hahaha.

Oh yah another interesting thing happened today, or maybe I should say its a pretty sad thing. When I came back from the interview I saw a lot of people gathered on the overhead bridge, then I saw that the whole road was cordoned off by the Police. It was along Loyang road. So of course the Kay Po me quickly parked my car and went to see what the whole commotion was all about. And the first thing was OMG! There was a car crushed (I'm not kidding, the whole car was crushed) in between a truck/lorry and a bus. The first thought was," The driver confirm die". There was absolutely no way he could survive in that crash. The wrack was really terrible. So the police were using some cloth to cover up the wrack, and probably the body. The whole place looked pretty frightening. But the funny thing was, my car is apparently famous now. Well it seems that the news camera caught the footage of my car turning into the private house, and just on the 11.30 news the footage was reshown like 3 times, haha. So I have a mini star in my car now...

Okie its getting pretty late now, gotta sleep soon. Will be submitting my report tomorrow, yuppie!!!

No comments: