Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sentosa

Its been like ages since I last went to Sentosa, so Beng and gang suggested that we go Sentosa for a tan, and get ourselves out of the white chicken look. Was supposed to meet there at 10, but in the end I was still at Sean's place at 10, haha. Took William's car down, I didn't want to drive. And you know what was the best part, everything was fine in the car, until we reached and step out of the car. The moment we got out of the car, it started drizzling. And it got bigger and bigger. We parked the car at Siloso, and thought we'll try taking the tram over (bad mistake, the damn tram took ages to arrive, and it was moving slower than a tortoise, people can actually walked faster than the tram), another reason is because William was afraid that the peacocks will attack his car, hahaha. But still the tram ride was interesting though, maybe just because of the novelty factor, you know when you haven't done something in a long time, and this just drives up the interest level. Well we waited for like 15-20 mins before the tram came, and that began our slow ride to Tanjong Beach, where the west gang was at. From the west was cy, Beng, Huan and Joesph. And it was still drizzling then, just lightly. One of the funny moments was when we alighted the tram Sean asked,

"Hey is that group of people them? Can't be leh, think they not so active wan.... Eh its them leh, I see one lump of meat running about (referring to cy)" hahaha.

When we arrived, they were playing volley ball, we settled ourselves in, laid our bags and started with the first activity (as in the first activity with everyone around) - beach soccer. By now the rain has already stopped, but the skies are still rather overcast. There's a little sunshine every now and then, yup, overall it was pretty shaded. But soccer was damn tiring, after just running for a while I was already panting, haha old liao. And then came funny part 2. cy was running after the ball, trying to get it from Joseph, then his pants fell, hahaha. half his butt was out (got wear under garments of course), it was damn funny, the way the had to slow down to hold on to his pants, while still running for the ball. Gotta give him a best sportsman award for that.

After that tiring round of soccer, we went into the water for a dip. More of the sun is out by now, so it was cooling water + warm sunshine. Great combi, nothing more to ask for at a beach. So we played monkey in the water. Started with only 1 monkey, then we changed some rules, then added a second money to make the game more challenging. It was really fun, but I can't help but think, in what way do we look 25 playing monkey in the water. We look like a bunch of jc kids at Sentosa's beach. And if you thought that monkey in the pool was simple and easy, think again. It was just as tiring. I don't know who started it, but everyone went on to throw the ball super far out, so we had to swim for our lives for the ball. And of course after money was break time. Hahaha, shack!

Then we went to play volley ball. So far, William has been at the shade all the while. He didn't join in all the earlier sessions, so he pestered till he joined the volley ball. All was fine, the game was nice... until....... it started raining again. And this time its a down pour. The rain was super big, but I don't know what got into us, we just continued playing in that super heavy rain, hahaha. This has got to be a first in my life. I remember swimming when it was raining before (when I was little), but never have I played ball games in the rain before (erm let me correct that, I have never played ball games in super heavy rain before). So we just continued, and from the heavy rain, we played till the rain stopped and the sand dried a little. And one thing I learnt today, the sand is super course when it is wet. I think I got a million scratches on my leg now. And I hurt my hands during the game. I sort of twisted my left pinky and my right thumb. So you know how painful I'm feeling as I'm typing this. It looks a little swollen now, haiz, don't know if I can exercise in this condition a not. Been telling myself that I have to go and exercise but haven't been able to wake up.

Back to today, After volley ball, they were hungry, so they decided to order fish and chips from the restaurant. I wasn't hungry, so I didn't order anything. While they were waiting for their food I went to tan in the sun (I know it won't work, I won't get tan.... only sunburn, in fact I think I'm a little burnt, feeling a little itchy on my back, but not to the point of pain). The fish and chips are pretty normal. Nothing really fantastic, but I guess they were really hungry. Initially they wanted to head to beauty world for gaming, but in the end tiredness got the better of everyone. So we decided to head home instead. But William was hungry (he too didn't eat at the restaurant), so he asked the rest if they want to go makan at Beauty world, and he said that he wanted to eat fish and chips. Huh?!?! I know its cheaper at Beauty world, in fact its about 1/2 price (Sentosa was selling at around $14, Beauty world has a student meal at around $7), but its a little like rubbing salt in the wound right. hahaha. Just eat some prata or something and settle lah. But I guess everyone was also tired, so no one bothered to argue. Joseph was super tired, when we reached Beauty world, he already looked 1/2 dead. Super shack.

William drove me back after that. Yup, but I didn't get any rest, not till now (I mean just now when I really returned home). After I alighted at my grandma's place, I picked up my car and went home to get some stuff, and then headed straight to Tampines to settle my HP stuff. I wanted to sell my nokia 6280 to the Ah Beng shops, but the prices they gave was just ridicules. He told me that my HP is worth $120, but because the condition is not good, so to attract customers he'll have to change into an original casing. And that will be $58. So I'll be able to get $62 for selling the phone to him. Super huh?!?? Come on lah, Ah Beng, if you can't think with ya head, then think with ya ass lah. Firstly, the whole point of taking the phone to sell to shops outside is so that we can get a better price than what the telcos are giving for trade-in. Starhub values my phone at $100. If ya gonna give my $62, then what is my incentive for selling it to you. Suck my dick lah. Further more, for these Ah Beng shops I still have to prepare my phone box, I must have my charger, battery, accessories, head piece and whatever that came with the phone. I have to go through so much trouble and you expect me to sell it to you at a price that is lower than Starhub, in which a trade-in would only require my phone, battery and charger. Saves me so much trouble, don't have to try to sayang him and suck his cock and lick his balls to get the extra dollars on the phone. I was thinking that its just not worth the trouble. So I just headed straight to Tampines Mall, and got a queue number, and omg for a monday it was super crowded. I had to wait like an hour and a half before it was my turn. I did my re-contract today, decided to buy the LG KS20.


And it just came to me again, inside me, I kept asking myself is it worth it. To spend this kind on money on a phone, mainly because it looks good (and I'm not kidding, I brought the phone home and now I have no idea how to use the phone, still in the midst of finding out). Because there were so many phones to choose from, and there are many phones that have much higher technical specifications that the KS20. And those phones are so much cheaper (okie, maybe not super a lot cheaper, range is about $50 to $100 cheaper). So is it worth paying this amount of money for a phone because it looks good. And again I felt this guilt coming to me, telling me that I'm over indulging. Well I tried not to think about it and made up my mind to just buy the phone, but even up to the point when the guy asked me what phone I wanted, I still hesitated for a few seconds before I could mutter out "LG KS20". Now that its all settled, I've already bought the phone, so whatever it is, no regrets. But here I must write something to commend my previous phone, the Nokia 6280. Although I really don't like the looks of the phone, but I must say that it is one of the best phones I've used, and it is also one of the most ill treated phones that I've owned. I got that phone because of my dad, In my previous re-contract I got a Sony erisson phone, but in just a few days I lost the phone on the MRT. It was damn fucked up. I like only had the phone for a few days, not even a week. So after that I used my mum's contract to buy a HP. I got a red panasonic VS7. It looks pretty cool (you should have guessed by now that looks play the biggest part in my selection). Then my dad bought the Nokia 6280 with his contract. Then he kept asking if I want to change phone with him. I kept saying no, until I couldn't take it anymore so I changed with him. And his reason for changing with me is because he wanted me to get the better phone, and that its ok for him to use a simple phone, again huh?!?!?!?! What kind of reason was that? I really love my panasonic. Well I still changed the phone with him. The 6280 is just like any other phone. simple and easy to use, the camera is considered decent at 2 mp. The interface is easy to understand (as with most nokia's HP, but I must say that the recent models from nokia is pretty complicated). And the best part of the phone is how sturdy it was. And that is also why I said that this is the most ill-treated phone I've own. I've like dropped this phone more than a million times. And very often, when it drops it sort of shatters. The back cover comes out, the batter comes out. But the amazing things is, after assembling them back together again, the phone can still be used without any problems (other than the scratches). My friend (Jc) also had this phone, his phone fell from the third storey, and it also shattered. But again, after assembly the phone was perfectly fine. Thats the most amazing part of it, it is just so reliable. The alarm is also good, wakes me up 90% of the time. It like became my good friend that I can count on every time. Well I hope my new phone can live up to that high standard that the 6280 has set, but first I'll need to find out how to use it. Bye 6280, it was a very nice partnership, forever friends! (hey I'm not crazy talking to my HP k, it really is my good friend)

Hmmmm okie I'm pretty tired already... blog another time. Goodnite!





No comments: