Sunday, May 18, 2008

Deli Moroccan

Hmmm... I can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but anyway the main point of interest of this entry is the photos...

Last thursday Imran brought me to Haji Lane for Moroccan food at Deli Moroccan. Its along the walkway towards the Sultan Mosque. I'm beginning to like Haji Lane. The ambiance is good, its very ethnic, very middle eastern. I think it a pretty nice place to relax and chill out with a bunch of friends. And the best part is, it is not crowded. Unlike the city area and some dance clubs where there is limited space, many a times we are stuck in a 1 by 1 foot square; and the only type of dance that you can engage in is hopping up and down vertically like a lost bunny. And thats not the worst part, the worst is when there are people inside who (1) stink, (2) sweat like hell, (3) might have stood at an area for too long and probably thought that they have become a fossil, standing beside you. Number 1, trying to maneuver through this groups of people can be quite a daunting task. You have to try to hold your breadth for very long (because the line is stagnant, if it was water mosquitoes could like breed there), and then you have to be sharp enough to spot small openings between people and try to squeeze through without getting touched or touching any of the sweating bodies. A bit of sweat and stickiness is alright, but I have come across people who look like they've just came out of a shower. Then there are the group called the fossils, who just stand there and don't move or attempt to give way no matter how many excuse mes you shout into their ear. I have no idea whether they are deaf or visually handicapped, but they are standing there just like a pillar. Utmost irritating. Lets see, did I also mention about the group of people who just think they are most beautiful creatures that god has created. Yup, they think they are damn good looking, and then just try to pose as if the whole world is looking at them. Come on, get a life dude. And then there is the group of young kids and ah bengs who probably values the past. They might be try to revive the glory period of the days of clubs like fire and centro. Because they not only dress like the past, they behave like the past. Kids who think they are old enough just because they add a few fucks and chee byes into their speech, it just irritates me. Sorry if you are one of them, I'll probably hate you. To me, if you are 16, act like a 16 year old. If you are a 26 act like a 26 year old. enough said. Well, having said that, I do like to go clubs once in a while. The frequency is getting lower now, probably I just feel that I've passed that phased. Now I'd rather sit in a pub and have drinks with my friends, playing silly pub games, or just to have a nice meal together. I value that time together more than having a million friends in clubs who you probably recognise their faces but deep in your heart you are asking yourself ,"where the fuck have I seen this guy before" and "what the hell is his name"... and the next thing to do is to give that colgate smile and say ,"Hi, long time no see". Yup, the fake-o days are probably over for me, although I do use this tactic once in a while. I'm pretty bad with names, It'll take some time for me to register your name in my pea-brain.

Okok, I realise that I'm getting out of point with all that clubbing issues I have. Well back to the main point - Deli Moroccan. The food there is pretty authentic, we had the Tajin (I think my spelling is wrong here) chicken with potatoes and a pita bread; and also ordered the Moroccan mint tea. The chicken was great, tasted fabulous. The portion don't look big, but together with the pita bread, it was a pretty filling combination. The service was also commendable. The staff were friendly, half-way through our meal, the boss came out and just talked to us for a while. The mint tea was also pretty special, it tasted a little like bubble gum, I think its because they use spearmint. Yup, but it was really quite nice. So all in all, I think that place is pretty nice place to check out.

Sultan Mosque

The menu

Imran - my 2mp camera is actually pretty clear at night, erm at least better than I had expected
Tajin chicken with super lot of potatoes

Mint tea - they even served it in there authentic steel tea cups




No comments: