Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kelong Acheh

I'm back from my Kelong trip. The place was called Kelong Acheh. Quite a good experience, the place was super relaxed, super tranquil, and super nostalgic. And all that together with crap living quaters (that resembles olden living space of my ancestors), creepy toilets with flushes that doesn't work and tons of mozzies beating on you every now and then... but these are the things that really bring us back to the kampong days. Haha.

It was really relaxed because there wasn't much to do, everyday we wake up to eat, fish and play mahjong. And thats all that we did for 3 days. Fishing was really fun, because it was really quite easy to get fishes, only that the fishes that we caught were really small. The biggest catch that I got was probably just 3-4 inches long. The really small ones are only about 1 inch long. Yeah I know its really pathetic. But still its better than not catching anything at all. Well I caught like 20+ of these small fishes. Most of them were released back to the sea, because it was really cruel to let them die for nothing. And fishing can be a really really cruel sport. Especially when the hook gets in the eyes of the fish, when you have to tug the hook to get it out of its eyes and mouth and gills, ahhhhh. The thought was really gruelsome. Can you imagine that on a human, ouch!

We had also arranged for a day at the beach on one of those deserted islands, we had loads of games there. And also specially arranged for BBQ on the last night on the Kelong, so it was really really good. Seafood was super fresh, sotong was everywhere (can you imagine that its could just be the same sotong that we use to feed the fishes, haha, I just hope its not from the same box). The last day at the Kelong, we spotted a big fish just beneath the Kelong, so everyone started to think of ways and means to get the fish out. Ultimately, the malay family got the net and climbed down the Kelong and just scoped the fish out, hahaha... so much for fishing.... hahahaha.... When we asked the person, he was saying that its the Elephant fish or something like that... It was really big, and super fat, probably bigger than my lappie. So that really helped to end our trip with a bang, hahaha. Overall I really had a great time with my family, I always like these family gathering stuff, its really nice to get together once in a while. Family is for life, we must treasure their presence... Hmmm come to think of it, its been a while since I visited my grandma, maybe I'll try to go down to visit her this weekend. Oh yah, I do have a few photos taken at the Kelong, too lazy to upload now, another time k. =)

No comments: