Tuesday, June 30, 2009

H1N1

Another craze that has been going on in this sunny island is H1N1. At first there wasn't any cases of it, and when it starts, the whole thing is like a beast let loose from its cages. The number of cases has ballooned to around 700 already! And poor me, today I'm down with flu. And the funny thing is, when I was Q-ing at the clinic, I was reading the H1N1 flyer... and to my horror, I got all the symptoms of the virus (other than fever). I was like 'Shit'! So at the clinic, all those with these symptoms are to wear the face mask and walk a separate corner to the 2nd level for a different section that is opened specially for people like us. Haha... So now, I'm down with flu, plus I get 3 days of MC. When I told my colleagues, their first reaction is, "WHAT!!! 3 days, what did you tell the doctor". I wasn't trying to get anything that long myself. In fact I was only expecting a 1 day MC and I'll be back tomorrow, but now I have 3. And what worries me most is that I think I do not have medical leave from office, so this MC will cut into my annual leave, fuck man. If its really the case, then it sucks big time man.

No comments: