Saturday, June 20, 2009

June Babies

Just celebrated Stanley's Birthday last week. We went over to a high class rest at Craig St for dinner at some Italian rest called Pasta Bravo. So you see, we are now into the fine dining era, haha. Well I just realised that there are quite a few June babies among the people I know. My bro and Mum are all June babies, then there's Stanley, Marvin and Johnathan. There are probably more, just that I can't remember at the moment. Well anyway back to Pasta Brava, the place was really good. The ambience was excellent and the food was pretty good. I had the squid ink pasta, I swear that it really taste much better than it looks. When it came, it didn't look that appitising, it was like all black. You seriously cannot differentiate between the spag and the prawns, but put the spag into your mouth and you are in heaven, hahaha. The deserts were heavenly, they had really good tiramisu, I had this choc cake, it was really really really good. The cake was warm and when you cut into the cake, the choc just flows out of the cake. Oh man, that was really good. The portions didn't look like alot, but it was really filling.

www.pastabrava.com.sg

Another celebration was of course with my family, I can't remember if I've blogged about it already, but I thought I'll just briefly blog about that super filling experience. I treated my family to Sakura international buffet at Downtown East. The buffet spread was actually pretty good, in that small area there was quite a lot of food. The quality of the food was passable, it wasn't great food, but it was still above average. Had a great time that night muching down all the food. I felt so guilty the next day because I was so stuffed that I did not even feel hungry at all the next day.







The famous bird drawing by who else - Mr Van Goh (aka Goh CY). One of the most interesting part of the rest is that they provide everyone with chalks and you are free to draw on the table (which is covered with paper). So when you enter the rest, you can actually some of the drawings that the customers had left behind hanging on the walls, pretty cool huh!

No comments: