Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Yet another decision to make

Just came back to office today, only to find out that both my in-charge are not in. Damn, I had no idea what to do. Then when my Aunt came in she told me some ground breaking news. The company wants to hire a new sales engineer, and one of my boss has recommended me. But my Uncle felt that I was too 'soft' to be in sales, and fear that I might be 'eaten up' by the clients. So my Aunt wants me to think about the offer first and emphasize that it is most important that I like the job scope before I take up the offer. Of course, the pay package will be different than my current contact pay, with more benefits and vehicle & petrol allowance (if I'm driving). I don't know yet, I'm still thinking about it. I mean I came into this company not intending to stay long. I only gave myself 1 year in this company and when the economy picks up, I'll fuck off. That was the plan all this while, then suddenly this came. Well, you do know about my reservations about working with relatives, so I don't know if I really want to continue with this. But I must say that so far, we haven't had any 'public disputes' and our relationship has yet to be stained, its just that I don't know how long it will last. Just give me a few more days to think about it first. For now, I have to prepare my inaugural presentation to clients because my uncle wants me to start meeting clients to gather feedback and to spur interest in our battery. So I guess I'll be rehearsing my presentation for the rest of the day.

Tonight, Shun wants to meet me for dinner. But I really don't want to meet him individually because I know that he wants to talk to me about insurance and I had already bought a plan from Gab not too long ago. I haven't thought of how to break the news to him. Mainly because he was the first to approach me. Makes me wonder whether I should have told him that I had started work already. Sometimes its just difficult.

No comments: