Friday, March 27, 2009

第一次

This week marks a few first again. Let me began with my Japanese class. I've changed school to the one at Hougang, so this week is the start of my elementary 2 class. The class is ok, I like the teacher in that she makes us speak and read out, but of course there are a few things that I think can be done better. (1) I think the class size is a little too big. There are about 20 students in the class. My previous school had only about 10-12 students in the class, which I think is better because you get more attention (2) The teacher is really speaking too fast, half the time I'm guessing what she is asking me. She can go yahda yahda yahda.... and I would be like wtf... It would really help if she can speak a little slower (3) I don't how the school taught the elementary 1 class, but it seems that they expect the students to know some kanji. I can't really recognise kanji yet. Yup so there are a few kinks, this course is much more demanding than my previous school, so I will have to go revise my work if I want to catch up with the rest.

Next, yesterday marks the first time I'm meeting clients. It wasn't as scary as what I had thought it out to be, but also because I didn't do any presentation at all. The person who should be dealing with my product was busy so he didn't come for the meeting. In the end I only made a very very very very very brief introduction to the product. Will be going to see another client this afternoon, I don't know if I should hope that I get to present or wish that he would be as busy as the guy yesterday. I mean I am excited to present my product but also a little scard that I might fumble and say something inappropriate. Well keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: