Monday, March 23, 2009

Hitched

Not me of course. Its Anthony and Meizhi, they've been together for 7 years already, and they have now exchanged vows and will live as one from now on. Congratulations to the both of you, here's wishing the two of you a very happy and blissful marriage. Another one of my friends just tied the knot, its already like the 101st friend getting married. I must say that these occasions can be very happy plus a tinge of sadness. Of course I'm very happy for the couple, to take this step to live together of the rest of your life is a huge commitment, so I'm really really happy for them to move onto this next phase in their relationship, but looking back at myself. I'm already 26, I do not have a partner, and I can't help but think to myself that I'll probably stay single for the rest of my life. Haiz. Its always after attending these ceremonies that I'll start to think to myself that maybe its time I try a little harder to get together with someone and move to another phase of my life (just the relationship part). Sometimes I do question myself whether I really will die lonely without anyone by my side. But I really do not want to get into a relationship just for the sake of getting into a relationship. They always say that we should get together with someone we cannot live without, someone whom you know that you'll love for the rest of your life, and I really haven't found this person yet. Other than my parents and some relatives, who I know I will love for the rest of my life, I haven't felt this same kind of love for another person. When I see a woman, its usually the friendship-love kind of love and not the love-love kind of love, if you know what I mean. Well I guess I can only wait now, and see how my future unfolds. People who know me will probably know that I don't like to make plans for the future, I'd prefer to let nature take its course and let the future unfold itself. All I can say is good luck to myself. Once again, let me congratulate Anthony and Meizhi on their very special day.

Let me just add a little of my happenings for this weekend. I had a very packed weekend, so packed that it has gotten me pretty tired now, totally drained of energy. I had already bloged about friday, so I won't touch on that. Yesterday I had my usual dragonboat training at Kallang. We had quite a session, we did the row with tyres attached to the boat. The weight and resistance of the the tyre really made the rowing tough, much tougher than usual. Did a total of 5 sets of rowing (6-8-10-8-6 mins). After training I had to rush down to Sentosa to meet Alvin and gang for a beach gathering. YM is the organiser for this outing. It was only when I reached there that I realise that not many people were coming. Basket, maybe I should have skipped it as well. But then again, it has been a long time since I went to Sentosa, and you can really see the changes to the place. The beach was pretty crowded with loads of hot bods around. But the weather was that great, so we only had a few minutes of sun before gloomy clouds came. So after wasting my entire afternoon at Sentosa, I had to return home and immediately changed my clothing before rushing out to Boat Quay to meet CY and gang for drinks. CY had said that he wanted to relive the good old drinking days, so we agreed to drink without (much) consideration of cost, haha. Its been quite sometime since I had drunk so much alcohol, and as usual I woke up feeling guilty of the entire session, haha. But I must say that we really had loads of fun. Of course after the drinking session, my entire sunday was wasted resting at home before going to the wedding dinner. I still have a meeting with my RT group tomorrow morning. Think I'll come home immediately after the meeting to sleep. I really need a good long sleep to replenish all the hours that I've lost throughout the entire week. Okie, time for bed now, zzzzzzz.

No comments: