Saturday, January 31, 2009

Moo moo~~

Its already the 6th day of CNY. So fast! Tomorrow is the 7th day, or also known as 人日, which means its everyone's 'birthday' tomorrow, haha. Well usually have to eat yu sheng on this day, but already we have been eat yu sheng for like so many times this week. Well my interview is coming up next tues, gotta prepare for really hard for it if I want any chance of making it through. And I just got news from my dear mum that my uncle wants to hire me on a temp basis. I've no idea the terms and conditions are yet, only know that his company is bringing in some product, so its like a new project for him. And since I do not have a job now, he is asking if I want to help out. Well I don't mind helping out my relatives if they need me, but I really do have something against working for my relatives. Not something that I fancy. Because there will always be an invisible force that is limiting you. Erm, how should I put it. Well you know that you cannot slack at all, because you don't want people to talk behind your back (or your family's back), there is also a need for you to really excel in the job, maybe even 500 times more than any of the other employees because you don't want to throw your family's face away, and there will seem to be a greater expectation for you in your job. And of course, you cannot expect to negotiate your pay with them at all. These are the stress that comes together with the 'job', and it will really make working dreadful. So I always have my doubts about working long term for my relatives. I mean I don't mind those ad-hoc jobs that I've done for them previously, but to be a perm in the company is quite out of the question. Maybe in the future I might change my mindset on this, but not at the moment. Well, will have to call my uncle tomorrow to ask him about his offer.

No comments: