Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back from KL

I just got back from KL today. Went over there for a short getaway with Mel, Vik and Hon. Well for this trip, I didn't really prepare much, even my bag was only packed minutes before I left the house. But anyway, I did have a great time in KL (although there was nothing much to do). Probably it was the company lah. Had a great time getting to know Mel and Vik all over again.

I've already been to KL umpteen times that I've lost count. So there wasn't much that I wanted to do there. I didn't have clothes that I wanted to buy, neither did I really have any foods that I missed sorely. But it was just meant to be a short and cheap trip to get us out of SG for a little while. Having said that, there was a first for this trip, it was the first time I visited Sunway Lagoon. So many times that I've been to KL, I've never been to Sunway before. So there was a little something to look forward to. Sunway didn't quite live up to the expectation, and the price. I do think that it is a little over priced, given the number of rides there are inside.


This is a map of Sunway Lagoon, looks really fun and complicated right. But I really feel that they could have done more. The rides do not really justify the price lah. Given our time constrain, we only got the tickets to 2 of the parks, the water park and the admusement park (there are 5 parks in Sunway, there is also the wildlife park, extreme park and scream park, so you'll need to pay more to gain entry to more parks). That already cost us RM48.00. The ticket to all the parks cost RM72. So I think Sunway should really reconsider their pricing, either that or they can upgrade their rides to include more stuff for the customers. Choices there are a little limited.


The most fun parts came from making fun of each other, suaning each other, and of course the drinking and clubbing. Erm, okie, maybe not that much of the drinking (they don't really drink a lot), so more of the clubbing. This time we re-visited Zouk KL, giving it another chance to redeem itself from the horrid experience I had with Hon the previous time we were here. And well it did. The place seem to have been renovated a little, the music on Saturday was great, the crowd was great (not being racist here, but there were so much more chinese this time as compared to the previous time we were there), and the party of just great. It was so crowded that we just couldn't move on the dance floor at times. People kept cutting into our circle, sometimes creating a 'highway' between us. And the most irritating part is that the crowd seem to only start cutting in when the better music is on. So we have to literally stand still for the people to move by and can only resume dancing when they have all moved, and usually by then the music has changed, nah beh. Well if you can recall Zouk the last time I was there, I sat in Velvet with Hon, there was only another table of guest other than the 2 of us. It was plain pathetic, this time round even velvet was packed. Similar to SG, Zouk has 3 rooms, Zouk, Velvet and Phuture. Velvet and Phuture was packed to the brim, the spill over were in Zouk. Overall it was a really happening night. A marked improvement from the previous experience. So at least now we know that we can visit Zouk KL on Saturday nights. Hmmm, most of the pics are with Mel (some with Hon), so gotta get the pics of 'em. Hopefully I'll remember to post them up here as well (you know how lazy I am, hahaha)

CNY is just around the corner, need to cut my hair next week, and also dye it back to black. Got a re-shoot on the 14th. Still no news of my job search, hopefully I'll be able to find something real soon. Been really off work for sometime already... 加油!がんばって!

No comments: