Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy 牛 Year!!!!

Its CNY eve today.... will be going to my grandma's place for reunion dinner later. Our dinner is just the simple steamboat affair + TV + mahjong. The usual stuff we do every year. This year, we're preparing the food! Most of the time my second aunt will help to buy food for my grandma, so we'll just eat those that she bought, but this year we thought that we should not let her buy the food all the time because its us who are eating, and we shouldn't trouble her. So we told them that we'll be buying the food. My mum of course, seem to have bought more than enough. I kept reminding her not to buy too much because we can't finish, but she just buy, and buy, and buy somemore, haiz. But I'm sure it'll be a great dinner.

Yesterday we went to my uncle's house for another reunion dinner (my mum's side). This year we made our own dinner at the club house (yes, steamboat again). Had a pretty fun time, and of course I'm like amazed by how much my little cousins know. The kids now really grow up much earlier. I mean I didn't know about things like making out, boobies, gays, homosexuals etc when I was 6. Haha, sometimes when you hear these stuff, you really do not know whether to laugh or to cry.

Well after dinner I got a urgent call from cy, he ask me to go down to a pub beside Mr Bean to celebrate DT's birthday. So I went down, and of course gulp down a few drinks, got high and attempted to go home after that. Yup, this sentence means that I was driving (Yes I know I should not be. Anyone reading this please remember do not drink and drive.) I was still sober enough to drive but if I did the breath test, I would have completely failed it. So I managed to get onto the expressway without meeting any cops, then as I was driving on the expressway, suddenly I see that the traffic is getting heavier. And I knew that something was wrong, and the immediate thing that came to my mind was 'road block'. Shit! I quickly wound down all my windows and started to take deep breadths hoping to get rid of the alcohol smell so that the cops would not test me. But I was also puzzled, because I was on the expressway, and never had the cops did their road block on the expressway. As the car inched towards the bottle neck, things slowly came to light. It was not a road block but an accident, and it was quite a big accident. 3 lanes had to be closed. As I drove pass the accident vehicle, I could see a blue cab that looks really badly damaged. In my heart I told myself 'heng ah' not road block, but a minute after that I felt a little guilty, because someone could have died in the accident. Well hopefully no one was hurt in the accident.

Once again, Happy 牛 Year!!!! Have a great year ahead!

No comments: