Friday, January 23, 2009

Almost here

Very soon, the lunar new year will be here. A warm welcome to brother Ox, and goodbye to cousin Rat. Well I'm still waiting for replies to no avail. I've even applied to do fish trading. I think I've already sent more than 50 applications this time round, and I really do not know what to do now. Haiz, actually I do know.... just wait lor, haiz.

Well went to Chinatown again today with mama. Got our CNY stuff and goodies. We bought those CNY wall decos for our house, and sour plums (my mum's favourite), Taiwan jelly... etc (got most of the goodies ready at home already). This year is a pretty 'sad' year, it just doesn't feel as festive as its supposed to be. Chinatown more or less looks the same as last year. It seems that the shops that were here last year, are back this year. And the funny thing is that they seem to be in the exact same location as the previous year. Well probably because the economy is down now, so everyone is trying to scrimp a little. But anyway, we still have to enjoy ourselves and hope that the Golden Ox will be able to drive the bad luck away. Happy 牛 Year!!!! (oh yah, I want to bake my pineapple tarts, already got the pineapple ready, just need to make the tarts, haha... gotta remember to keep that in mind)

No comments: