Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A warm welcome to 2009... My first posting for the new year. Well before I begin, let me first say a big big BIG, welcome to 2009. Ending with so many uncertainties in 2008, lets hope 2009 will be a much better year than before. Here's wishing everyone the best of health and wealth in 2009.

Its now 5.30 in the morning, and I just reached home not too long ago from my 'countdown'. Well it was a pretty disappointing countdown I must say. Not really a very eventful evening. We met up at Bugis, Ceasers for drinks, but there was pretty nothing else for us to do other than drink. We were pretty much stoning, looking at each other with occasional chit-chat among one another, as if we were not really that close. To a point that it seem ackward (erm, think I got the spelling wrong for this one). We were thinking of what else we could do for the night. KTV? LSB? Steamboat? Another place for drinks? There was practically nothing we could do. Well we have to take into consideration that it is the new year, and everywhere is fully booked, so without reservation, it was really difficult to get a place anywhere. We were literally getting bored. Hmmmm, is this a sign of aging? Are we getting old already? Why is it that we do not feel that kick in this anymore, well at least for the night. The feel just wasn't there.

We haven't had enough for the night. I mean it was such a waste to spend a night just like that. We had 11 people and we didn't even finish a bottle. It was so unlike us. Well in the end, we changed over to Tanjong Pagar. They wanted to go to Sebai Sebai, but that was packed as well, so we went to the pub beside it, geographer bar (which was surprisingly empty). Had another round of drinks before calling it a day. Anyway I'll be heading to KL tomorrow for a short getaway. Not exactly the place I was thinking of going. If not for the fact that I'm unemployed and I have all the time in the world, I'd probably not go. KL has, in recent years, become a annual pilgramage (spelling wrong again, I know) for me. I've been like going there every year religiously. And I don't know why. There isn't much to do there, I probably won't buy much (maybe I won't even buy anything at all). So I don't know what I'm gonna do there. Well I haven't even packed my bag till now, erm I think I'll do that before I leave tomorrow. Hope everything will be well at home during the time I'm gone.

To my family, Happy new year! I love you all! Keep healthy! Huat Ah!

No comments: