Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Things are getting interesting

Now things are really heating up, and getting interesting... Remember earlier I said that Morgan Stanley are willing to take me in for a 3 month contract, well they were supposed to call me in the afternoon to confirm the appointment, but I waited and waited and waited, and no one called (except for a company called UK prime land, which told me that I won a piece of land in Scotland.... rite...). Just when I was feeling a littel bewildered, Aunt Susan called and told me something.... She said that Morgan Stanley has actually already accepted my application, the only thing now is that they are trying to convert my position to a permanent one instead of a temporary one. I was like "huh!!!". Now one of the larger financial firm is offering to sign me on as a permanent staff after a 10 minute interview. So it seems that they have filed for my conversion, and now its only pending approval from the heads. Wow! .... And this puts me in a dilemma, now I have a job with this super big finance company, and if I do really well inside I can earn big bucks in the future. However, I do know that initially the job that I am required to do is very boring and mundane, and that there might not be many opportunities to shine. On the other hand, the other company is offering to send my to Shanghai for 6 months to train, and promises of abundent learning opportunities and loads of work. I am still waiting for this company to reply, I am really attracted to the idea of being able to work in Shanghai (or anywhere overseas) but the temptation of working for a large global company like Morgan Stanley is really very attractive... So really do not know what to choose now. Remember initially I said that whichever comes first will be my choice, and I didn't expect that both deals will come together at the same time. OMG what am I going to do now!!! Dilemma.... Hmpt

No comments: