Saturday, August 16, 2008

GIP

Its been a long time since most of the GIP peeps gathered... so it was a great feeling to see everyone again. And surprisingly, the turnout was pretty good; and everyone had a great time. It was all about catching up and getting to know how everyone has been. Ever since we came back from Shanghai a year ago, we haven't had a lot of chances of gathering together like we did in Shanghai. So this really brings back the memories of the good old times. Well majority of them have found jobs already, companies big and small, at least they are working and earing some dough now, I'm like the minority who is still slacking at home, idling my time away, waiting for replies from companies.

It seems that a lot of them will be traveling out of SG too. Zhiyu is going to UK for a year and a half, for training. Some EDB program thingy which I think is the same as the one my brother went for. Eddie is going to Bombay for training for 2 months. Agnes is on Jurong Island everyday. Heard that there's a possibility that Yuliang might have to go abroad for his work as well... So people are moving around. Well today I went for my first interview since I came back from my Grad trip. The interview was ok (at least I thought it was ok), so if they do recruit me into their company, I'll have to make a return to Shanghai for training for 6-9 months. But I'll see how it goes, now I'm just taking things in my stride, absorbing everything one at a time. I am confident of myself for the interview, but you really do not know what the interviewers think, or if there is another candidate better than yourself. So I always give myself a buffer not to put too much hope in any application, always be confident but keep some leeway for rejection to enter. Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They told me that it will be 1-2 weeks before I know the outcome of the interview. Good luck to me, and also to all my friends in their work regardless whether its here in SG or abroad!

No comments: