Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a day

Had such an exciting day today... This morning I woke up and my mum asked me to drive her to the temple to pray to my grandma, so I went with her, everything was as normal, just like any other normal weekends. Then I was supposed to meet cy and gang at Suntec for the career fair, BUT it closes at 7pm. I reached there like 6.45, and they told me there was no point in going in because they're closing already, damn. Then, we went over to Mind's cafe for games, its been such a long while since so many of us made it for an outing (there was like more than 10 of us). It was a great games session I must say. Had loads of fun and laughter there. We tried many different types of games that we had never played before. Of course the stupid animal sound game is the most classic there, haha. Think we stayed there for like 3-4 hours (or maybe more than that). After the games session, we wanted to go for supper at Geylang, and that was when it all happened! It just had to happen at this time. My CAR COULDN'T START!!!!

For those who know, the car could not start like a few days back in my bro's company, so we got the tow truck to bring it to the workshop to fix it. After I went all the way to Jurong to get the car, the moment I got into the car, I felt something was amiss. The car still doesn't feel right. But ok, at least it was moving fine. So I drove the car back home. The next morning I needed to help Beng move his bed to his bro's place, and the car already could not start properly. I had to crank it a few times before the engine could work, and I knew at that instant that the car is not going to last. I told me dad about it, and that he should tell the mechanic that the car had not been fixed, there was still a problem with the car, the sound of the engine just is not right. So just 2-3 days after we got back the car (aka tonight), the car totally could not start again. I cranked and cranked and cranked, and it still could not start. Luckily I had good friends (who had already reached Geylang), they turned back to help me with the car. Before they came, I had pushed the car into a parking lot, because my dad told me to just get it into a lot, and ask the tow to come. So my friends came over to see if they could help. It was really kind of them, and I was at that moment quite touched. Because I was only expecting one car to come back with reinforcement, but noooo. All of them came back, all 4 cars drove back to help. I was really touched by their gesture, considering that it was pretty late at night (it was like 4am already). Haa, some of them were really amazed how I managed to singlehandedly push and guide the car into the lot, because my car was parked behind 101 building, which was quite a distance from the lots. But they tried their best and it still could not start. They even got a jump start to try and even resort to pushing my super dirty car to help but no luck. So left the car at the parking lot and took William's car home.

Well, its really these times when you can really true good friends. Many say that great friendship is largely found in the secondary school days and during NS, but for me I must say that majority of them are in Uni. Not saying that my friends in Sec school and NS are not as great, but the really close ones are only countable. Also I feel that during those days, I wasn't the true me. In Uni, I reveal a side of me that is very different than what I was in Sec school and NS; and I feel this is a much truer me. And to have found these friends who accept me for who I am, and offer such help when I am in need is really a fortune. I thank god for them. Well if any of them finds their way to this blog, I just like to say a big thank you, I owe you guys one!

No comments: