Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tis the season to be jolly...

Its CNy eve today, and I'm stuck at home preparing for the reunion dinner. More or less settled most of the cutting, the soup is ready, so we just waiting for my mum to come back and finish up the rest. In the mean time I was looking through the career pamphlets that I took from the career fair last week, and its giving me quite a headache. I really have no idea what I should apply to. My brother and mum told me to just apply to every company (which was what I was thinking of doing initially), because not all of them will reply and also it'll increase my chances of getting somewhere after graduation. I thought of doing things like that too. But the problem is, some of the job scopes really don't suit me well. I don't really want to do a very engineering job, nothing too technical (maybe just a little bit), but the investments and bank jobs are not hot property. Everyone, including business and engine students are vying for jobs there, so that means that there's a larger number of competitors. Not only that, the financial world is not really all that familiar to me, so I not sure if I'll be able to make it there. But one thing for sure I'm confident I'll be able to pick up whatever is thrown to me. But that'll take some time, don't know is the companies have the patience to wait for me. Well, I haven't decided on my employment strategy yet, now gotta get my cover letter written as soon as possible, and hopefully everything will become clearer soon.

No comments: