Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gold

Took my IPPT today... and I stuck gold again this year, whoppie. This year is a little difficult because they've started to computerise the course already. And the first to be computerised is the 2.4 run. For the run, everyone is issued a tag (that comes with an electronic sensor inside). So every time the tag passes the sensor line, it will record how much time you have used and how many more laps to finish. So as expected my run time went down. Finished it in 9.40 mins... very very lucky. By the last round, I was really damn shack already (plus it was pretty hot today), I kept telling myself to dash for the finishing point, but my legs just don't seem to be responding, luckily I still made it. So its $400 Ang Bao from the government to me (damn missed out of the $200 shooting ang bao).

But I must say the IPPT this year was very much a cock up. First, of course, was the administration. That Shakil (don't know how to spell his name lah) guy initially called me on wed to remind I had shooting on thurs. And the best part was, that was the first time he called me. Then it was the ROs. No RO was sent to me, I wait and wait and wait for nearly 2 months. And when did I get the ROs, yesterday. after my shooting. And even the ROs were not correctly sent. I got an RO for my shooting on monday (which had already been taken the day before), and 2 ROs for tomorrow's retreat, and no RO for today IPPT. Well I'll just leave this to our top management to settle, I'll just attend tomorrow's retreat and see how things go.

And of course I'm pretty happy now, that $400 in my pocket. Hope they remember to bank it in my account, because I think I'm still missing 1 pay, which I have no idea what happened to it.

No comments: