Monday, February 11, 2008

Catching up during the New Year

Hey folks, just came home from a bit of catching up with my ex-band mates. It was a pretty nice meeting for everyone (I think everybody enjoyed themselves, at least I did), caught up with a lot of people whom I have not met in a long time like Weijian, Chermin, Rushan, Kimberly, Sijie (she's married and has a kid already, and the kid is already 2 months old), Imis, Arthur and Melvin. It was really great to just chat with them and just to get to know how everyone is doing now. Its a very different kind of feeling chatting with people you meet every now and then, and friends whom you've not seen in a long while. And surprisingly, I still feel quite close to a lot of them, especially Weijian (no wonder he is my best friend in school). Its like sometimes when you meet each other so often, when you see them, there's just nothing much to say. But today we were like chatting and chatting and chatting, and the conversation just doesn't stop. We had so much to share with each other, even just listening to what he's working as now to his family and his relationship, it just doesn't seem to end. Well, its great to know that everyone is doing pretty well now, some of us are still studying now, some have already graduated and are working now. And some are married (even with kids), others are in pretty strong relationships that seem to be going in the getting-married-soon category. I never thought I'll think this way, but looking at all my friends getting hitched, sometimes I do feel that maybe it is time I try to find a mate for myself. At least I should try to pluck up some courage and maybe get a partner. I always thought that there's no big deal about getting a partner or not (I mean at most I'll just remain single all my life), but really when you start seeing that everyone is working towards a married life, the reality does set in that I'm going to be only one who is lonely (and it doesn't help that I'm still into those stuff). So I guess my new year resolution this year would be to try and get a girlfriend, haha. Well V-day is less than a week away, and I guess I'm gonna be spending it alone again this year, haiz.

After the catching up session with my band-mates, I drove over to Huan's place, they were playing poker there (Huan and Cy bought a set of chips just to play poker, and it cost something like $150). I wasn't too keen on poker (never seem to have luck in card games), so I just sat there to watch the game and try my hands that doing the poker chip tricks. Trying the chip tricks was actually quite interesting, but of couse got a little tired so I left before thery ended. There are another 10 more days before CNY 'officially' ends, so I guess I'll just keep enjoying myself and see what my life has installed for me... haha. Huat Ah!!!

No comments: