Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tired

Been pretty tired for the past one week, and this week too (although the week has only just started). And of course, plus the added politics now, its tiring me even more. Haiz, have I already got tired of working already? Now it seems that I'm losing the steam and passion I had when I started working. Now everyday I go to work, just hoping for it to end. I'm not enjoying what I am doing. And I start asking myself, is this my ideal job? Is this what I want to do?

Of course most of the people in office are nice, and I get along pretty well with most of them. But I'm just tired of what I am doing, and it seems that the work I do is not getting recognised, and I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I mean at the rate its going, I'll probably still be a small analyst, it seems that I won't be able to progress anywhere. So I guess sub-consciously my mind has realised this, and because of this, it is not as willing to put in the effort to do its best for my job. Haiz, I don't know... For now, I'll just how far this will take me. I'm just 2 1/2 weeks away from the end of my contract, although Molly did ask me if I'm interested to extend my contract, but still nothing has been confirmed till now, neither has anyone else approached me to discuss my future in the company. So I'm keeping myself upbeat of the entire situation. I mean in the worst case, I'll just leave the company in December, and look for another job. Well, I'm taking one step at a time now, trying not to think too much. Some people have told me that a bank job really don't quite fit into my character. As in its too 'business-y' for me. Some suggest that I should be looking for a job that is more creative, like advertising, tourism, events etc. I don't know... Haiz, let me think about it. I don't even know what my future holds for me. Or what I really want to be. Right now, I just hope to quickly find back that fire and passion I have for working as when I just started. I think that will help keep me going on. Well at least for now.

No comments: