Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Politics

Of course I do not mean some Obama vs McCain presidential vote or PAP vs SDP lawsuit... I am talking about office politics. After starting my work for a few months, I've now more less started to taste some bits of office politics around. And the part that saddens me is that it is coming from the very person who introduced me to the company (lets just call him D). Initially I really did not feel anything, but as time passes by, with more and more things happening, I begin to think that something is not right here.

The first instance was about a month ago. I got an email to ask for the status of the invoices, these have already been done, so I just left the invoices behind and did not respond to the email. Since usually, such emails are responded by Seng. Then the next day, D sent an email to everyone in the dept, to ask me if I had checked the invoices already. When I saw that mail, I was like "What the fuck". I mean if the email was cc to the external party, I could still understand. Because it may be that he wants to show the other party that we are looking through their invoices. But nooooo, the email was only sent to the people in our dept, asking me if I have checked the invoice. I was sooo damn pissed then. I mean come on lah, what are you trying to show, that you have the authority and power. I'm just sitting opposite you, you could just ask me straight or jam me. To me, the email is just to make me look bad, and to show that he is in control and has the 'power' here. And this just pisses me off to the core.

Nevermind, that already happened long ago. Then today, D asked me to go over to his work station and he asked me where are all the invoices I've reconciled. How come I do not send out emails to keep the other parties updated on our progress. I was momentarily dumbfounded. I took all the invoices I've finished checking to him, and he looked through some of them, then asked me how come some of them have problems and I did not ask... I was soooo pissed off then. It is not that I did not ask, I kept asking. Just check with Seng, I kept asking to a point that Seng almost could not find time to do his own stuff. And did I not go to look for him a few times with my questions. And majority of the time he would tell me to wait first because he is busy with something else. And then the sending of emails part. That really brings my blood to a boil. Did I not send emails out to the other parties. I have been constantly sending emails to them. Whenever they ask, if I can reply, I will reply to them to tell them what is the status of their invoices. If you don't bother look at the emails that I send, then don't come and fault me. It is not that I want to sit on some of the invoices, but I am awaiting for information for some of them. If the people do not get back to me, what do you want me to do. You want me to send out emails just for the sake of sending, what bullshit is that. I don't buy this type of tactics. Why send out an email just for the sake that your boss can 'see' that you are working. Come on lah, we're adults here, don't come and play this kind of games with me. And then when I told him that my email somehow cannot send attachements to external parties, he ask me how come never say earlier, tell me go to look for IT to settle the problem. And this is not an excuse for me.

From what I see, D just wants to be both the angle and the devil altogether. He is the one who told me to 'just DK anything you cannot find, then wait for them to come back to you', and then the next min he'll say 'how come you DK so many, you must try to use all kinds of available resources to find the trades. Only when you have exhausted all resources and you still can't find then DK'. So everything you say wan lo.... You win lah.

Really it is this type of people that does make life in the office unbearable. I'm really sorry that it has to be him, because he's my aunt's friend. But I really don't like to play these games. I really don't feel like talking to him much, so I've decided that I'll skip all lunches with him this week. After this week, see my 心情 then decide. Seng faster come back, I really miss you man, I'm trying to keep my cool now, but I can't confirm how much longer I can take this. hmpf

No comments: