Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Singapore River Regatta 2008

Last weekend was the Singapore River Regatta 2008!!! I've join the MS Dragonboating team for slightly more than a month (and I'm gonna leave soon *sob sob*), had loads of fun with them. Really enjoyed my time with the team. Just regret that I didn't join them earlier. Anyway, I took part in my first regatta ever last weekend. It was a dragonboating competition for tertiary institutions as well as corporate companies. We of course took part in the corporate event. In all, we participated in the 10 (men) and the 10 (mixed) events. We didn't really train very hard for this regatta (everyone was busy and we had really little time), so expectations weren't high, it was more of an experience gaining outing. And we really didn't regret it. It was super fun, and not to mention super tiring. Much more tiring than I had envision it to be. My whole arm was numb after we crossed the finish line. And to think that it was only a 300m race. Our men didn't do well in the heats. We came in 5th in our heats (just in case you were wondering, there are only 5 teams in each heat, haha) ... We were a little disappointed then, but it was still ok. Then next up was the 10 (mixed) event. I didn't row for that. We took away all our disappointment and went all out for it, and we came in a proud 2nd for that heats... That gave us a place in the semi-finals, woohoo... Everyone was soooo happy... So we had to come down to the Singapore river a 2nd time on Sunday for the semis, hoping to make it into the finals... Haa.. This time I was allocated to drum for the team, I was really pretty happy, didn't think I had a chance on the boat again after the men's race. Although I wasn't rowing, but I could really feel as a part of the team, counting with them, encouraging them, and beating the drums for them during the race. I even scratched my hand, which still hurts a little now. But I think it was all well worth it. The entire event was just fun, fun and more fun... I throughly enjoyed myself throughout the regatta. Sadly I down to my last week in MS, probably will have to leave the team as well, hmmm... wonder if the next company that I go to will have a dragonboating team as well. Well here are some photos taken during the regatta by one of our colleagues... still waiting for the group photos... Kudos to MS dragons, Well done!!!!



Thats me getting on the boat

No comments: