Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First pay

I've finally gotten my first actual pay in my life (not including all the part-times that I've done in the pass). As in after graduation, and into the working world.... Yippie! But, after some calculation... I discovered that its not really enough to use. After deducting my CPF, and a part of it to my Mum, and another portion to treating my family to my first pay dinner, and a fraction of it to transport & food, and also buying some gifts to reward myself... I find that I'm practically left with nothing... Ass hole... And to think that I began my working life thinking that I'll save at least $500 a month, Bleh! Well at least I'm paid now...

Work has been ok for the pass week. Although there was a mini crash yesterday (Dow Jones fell by a catastrophic 777 points, the largest drop in I have no idea how long).... Yup, but it was pretty quite in office... Getting quite used to work now, but still feel very tired after work. Now my back hurts because I'm like sitting in front of the computer the entire day. Of course I still have my share of entertainment. Been meeting CY, Beng, Huan, Jansen, Joseph and gang for drinks and dota. We probably went drinking at least twice or three times in the last 7 days, haha... Think I'm gonna suffer from liver damage soon at the rate I'm going. Then there's Huan who is now officially the violent drinker. Not as in that he drinks super a lot. But that he gets violent after drinking. No idea when it started that after drinking, we must punch each other to get off. Backet now I got a bruise on my arm because of him.

Just came back from shopping with my mum. Been some time since I shopped with my mum, so we went orchard with Da Yi today to shop. Wanted to get a work pants, majority of the pants that I have are a little oversized for me, so they don't look so good (as in the fitting). So I wanted to get another pair of pants for myself (with my pay, hahaha). But didn't find anything that I like. I've discovered something about myself. I've always acknowledged that I really like to shop and buy things for myself, but I find that it only occurs when I'm overseas. When I'm away, I can shop for hours and not feel tired, I just want to keep shopping hoping that the shops never close. But back in Singapore I don't have that same drive. I'm tire after walking for only an hour, and I don't have that urge to buy something. So I conclude that my love for shopping is only applicable to overseas shopping.

Going to the airport later to fetch my bro. He went US last week with Huiling for holiday and to attend their colleague's wedding. Yippie, wonder what he'll buy for me... haha... Well I don't normally hope for gifts when people go overseas, but this time its different. Because I specifically told him what I want... hahaha. I gave him a wishlist before he left, together with a $500 bill (but it was monopoly money, wahaha)... But anyway I also told him that I'll pay for my expenses, all he had to do is to shop for me... So its not a bad thing for him right. He gets the trill of shopping like hell, and I'm paying. Ok I better get going before I'm late. Anyway didn't tell him that I'll be fetching (but he should have guessed it, I did ask him for his flight details), so I don't want him to leave the airport by himself later.

No comments: