Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nike Real Run

Sometimes I really have to ask myself why I get myself into this type of situations... Well I've agreed to take part in the nike real run, and will be running for my reservist team. So the guys called me to tell me that there is a trail today to go see see the route. But I did the dummiest thing. I mean how many people would go run a marathon without sleep. Literally without sleep. I went ktv with my friends last night and only reach home close to 4am in the morning. I set my alarm at 6.15 (I had to meet the guys at 7 at Tanah Merah). Which means that I only had 2 hours of sleep. When my alarm went off, I did the most natural thing, and that is to wake up, off the alarm and go back to sleep. Oh man, if Lionel did not call me, I'd probably would have slept all the way through. So Lionel called at 7, and I told him I over slept, and that I'll leave my place immediately, and to change the meeting place to Changi V. Which made it easier for me too. I was like super tired lah today. In the van Lionel was telling me that the route we were runing is 15 km, I was like ,What! I've not ran this type of distance since ages. I mean, even for long distances, I ususally only run a round of Pasir Ris, and that only came to about 8.8km. And you know how tired I am after that run right. So I wasn't even sure if I could make it back. When we started, I tried to keep pace, but I could only last for about 10 km. After the 10 km mark, I started to feel that my legs are getting heavy, so I had to slow down to a jog. Not all that bad for a first trail marathon. I clocked a timing of approximately 1 hr 20 mins for 15 km. Its def not a really great result, but I guess its pretty decent (based on my own standards, haha). Now my legs feel like they are dead, they are just screaming out to me,"I'M NOT MOVING". Hope it gets better tomorrow. Don't want to go to office in clutches, hahaha.

No comments: