Monday, December 17, 2007

1 week Countdown

Just one more week to Christmas, and its also one more week before I fly to New York, Hurray!!!! Been looking forward to this trip ever since I decided to go there. But planning for the trip is really draining, I have been searching online and looking through travel books everyday for the past 2 weeks. It like studying for exams all over again. Hopefully everything will go as according to my plans. But there's a major problem now. It seems that there's a winter storm around the great lakes area, and it goes all the way up to New England. And thats exactly where I'm planning on going.... The Niagara Falls and to Boston... So now I'm worrying that the weather will disrupt my travel plans (eg planes not being able to land, delays or even worse canceled)... that would be like the worst nightmare. After flying half way around the globe, I'm not able to travel around the area....

Well after we sort of announced that we're going to the US, all our aunts have flocked over to lend us their winter wear... we now like have too many winter wears that we have to choose which ones to bring with us. First my mum's boss took her winter clothes to lend my mum, that was like 2 bags full of clothes, then there is Aunt Gina, who also came along with her 2-3 bags of winter clothes plus snow shoes. And of course not forgetting Aunt Susan, who lend us her luggage and some warm winter wear and thermal underware... Yup so we're sort of quite prepared for the cold now... hahaha. Not that I mind getting their winter clothes, it does save us a lot of $$. Because sometimes its really not too worth it to buy the clothes when my family do not travel to such cold places often. So its a really big thank you to all my dearest aunts and uncles and friends for their support and help.

Well the entire travel plan is more or less out. Some minor changes are still required though. Now I'm trying to work out the cost and trying to get the hotels settled, to ensure that we have a place to stay and that everything is still within budget. Will still be reading the travel books, just to make sure that we have time to see majority of the stuff at each location. This is really my first time being like a travel agent, the experience is really fulfilling but tiring but I think its really going to be worth it.

Now step aside sun, sand and sea... make way for snow, winter storms and extreme coldness, wahahaha. Don't worry I will keep you guys updated!

No comments: