Saturday, October 6, 2007

Shadows of the tiles...

The first sign that I've been playing just a little too much mahjong --- dreaming of mahjong tiles. Yup, thats me, I've been playing so much mahjong lately, I think I'm not getting enough sleep, haha. And when I slept this morning, I was dreaming about mahjong tile. I've played like close to 10 times last month, a new record for me. But again I gotta remind myself that it will be the last entertainment for the year, will have to really settle down for studies already. A lot projects are due soon, will need some time to clear all of them.

Today only slept like 2 hours, then I was awaken by a sms. Basically I messaged my 2nd aunt to see if she has a jumper (because my car's battery went totally flat, and I really mean totally) so that I can try to start my car. So she replied me at 11+ to say she didn't have one, and then I messaged aunt susan to ask if she had one, she immediately called me to say that she has one, but it might not be enough to start my car (because it is quite a small jumper). She told me that she has to fetch Nic to school, so she'll only be able to come at a about 1.30 or so. I was totally alright with that (in fact that was great because it means that I can sleep for another 3 hours). But just 5 mins later, she called me to say that my 2nd uncle is already on the way to my place. So I went to the carpark to meet him. When he came, I was like - whooopie, finally can start the car and can go home and sleep. So he connected the jumper to my car and I tried to start the car, and.... it didn't start. And I tried again, and..... it still didn't start. It just doesn't seem to be charging the car. So we tried to push the car down a small ramp.... didn't work. And we tried pushing it down another ramp.... still didn't work. Haiz, so we went over to Shell and got someone to charge the battery for me. The guy came and tried charging the battery, and..... it still couldn't work. sianz. So he removed the the battery and brought it back to the workshop, of I stayed back to look after the stuff. Because I didn't bring my wallet, I went home to get my wallet. When they came back, the technician brought a new battery and installed it into my car and it worked. Now my uncle was on the phone, so I was thinking, in case he wanted to pay for me, I just be a step faster than him and pay the technician before he puts down the phone, so smart hahaha! And when I was just about to ask the technician how much was the cast, my uncle puts down the phone and tells me," Later you drive the guy back to the workshop, I gotta go to office already, and anyway I already paid the guy." I was like... WHAT! After all my planning he was still a step faster than me, shit! So bo bian, I drove the guy back and then put the car back to ah ma's place. After I reached home, told my mum to pay Aunt Susan. And settle the bills with them...

Will be meeting cy, Beng and Sean again tonight, not for mahjong but foe studies at airport... Hopefully will be able to clear some stuff tonight.

No comments: