Monday, August 17, 2009

$40, 1 medal and a whole body full of pain

Completed my first AHM last Sunday, 21km! Yippie. The things we go through to attain this sense of achievement and pride. Had to pay $40+ for the registration (erm, actually my bro paid for it, I went for it in his place), after the completetion we get this medal to indicate that we made it, and after it all, we are left with smiles, a sense of pride and also a whole body full of pains and aches. Haha.
But I think the most apt way to describe this experience, is that these marathons are like sex. After the first time, you do feel like you want to do it again, and again and again. It is addictive. You want to better your previous score, you want to train for it and make sure you do better next time.
Today I can really feel the aftermath of the entire process. Weak and aching legs, back ache, whole body feeling a little wobbly. Hahaha. But I thin I did pretty decently yesterday. I don't know my exact timing yet, have to wait a few days before we can check our timing online. But it should be roughly 1hr 50mins. Its really inspirational, and I do want to try out another race soon. Will have to resume training soon, but first, let me rest and cultivate my body back to full health. Tired. Think I'm gonna skip my lesson and go back early today. Really too tired to go, even if I went for my lessons, I would not be able to absorb anything at all, no point. Haiz, anothe 10 mins to go.... time goes by, so slowly, time goes by, so slowly....

No comments: