Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back with a New Post for the New Year

Hey hey, I'm back in Singapore now. After missing in action for a while (because we didn't have any connection in Boston), I'm now back to my home country.

Yup, it has been a tiring but exciting 2 weeks. And yes, I finally went skiing in the States, it was awesome. The speed and trill is indescribable, love it. Bought a lot of stuff back, was just sorting out the stuff to give to friends and of course the stuff that I get to keep.

Well, just earlier, we were sort of stuck in Shanghai for a while. The fog there was pretty bad, and alot of flights were canceled and delayed. And yes, our flight wasn't spared either. It was delayed. So we had to spend an extra hour in the airport before our flight could take off. The whole scene there was super haphazard, people were scolding and raising their voices everywhere because of the delays. For us, we just kept our cool. The flight back was pretty cosy though, the plane was the smallest I've ever taken (even smaller than the chun qiu planes I took in China). But the seats were bigger and a little more comfy. And how can I not mention the flight from New York to Shanghai. There was this German couple who requested for an extra seat so that their son could sleep through the flight and not cry (reasonable enough if there are enough seats), and so the mum ended up seating in a seat that belongs to this chinese gal (she seems to have been staying in US for a while already). So this gal made a big who ha about her not seating in her right place, about touching her bag without her consent and what not. Well of course all this has got nothing to do with me, until she had to continue her argument for another 30 mins to an hour. I could not take it, it was like killing me. To think that it was just the beginning of our 15 hr flight, and she is definitely not going to spoil my whole (already very uncomfortable) journey. And of course my mum typically ask me to mind my own business, but I just couldn't. Already the German had given in to her by giving up the extra seat, the hostress even offered to change a seat for her, but nothing seems to satisfy her. As she was rattling on and on and on and on (with her super broken english, which she seems very proud of) I just turn back and said (in chinese), "Have you had enough of your nonsense, I need some rest". Finally everything stopped, peace at last. Well, I've already been pretty kind to her, wanted to say more nasty stuff to her, but I guess the angelic side of me got the best of me, haha.

Also brought back my Wii. But the most irritating thing happened. When I plugged the adaptor into the socket, the adaptor fused. Fuck man, now that I have everything, I still can't play. Have a lot to do tomorrow (of course school is not included, although has started), so time to get pass the jet lag and get some sleep. Got a lot more to blog, but I'll save for next time!

No comments: